Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

LOST: IN SEARCH OF THE LAST 50 YEARS, WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE?


A quote from a note read on anothers blog:
"So you have unknowingly given me my task;from now to April. You see in April I will turn 50.
"So I think I will now make a list of 50 things that I have done with my life and 50 more things that I would like to do with the rest of my life. Hmm! this may be a great task, I am up to it. Now to write it down so as not to forget........." 

It's funny, while I was reading that note, I was thinking of the same thing. This is the start of my 50th year. I sometimes think that the birth certificate is lying. I think my mom is lying, perpatrating a big cover up. (It could happen). So I think that I will endeavour to cherish the days, even the bad ones,the boring ones. Every year I dream of what I would like to do for my birthday. I don't think its selfish. Maybe a year long celebration like the Queen of England. I think that I would like to mark the days. Note the moments.
I will try my best to take every picture, save every scrap and meet back here every month to record them.Maybe a growth chart. I will make my own Valentines, and march in my own Mardi Gras Parade. Maybe I will make special Mardi Gras greeting cards to send to friends. Why should this year be any more special than last year. Because it is, and even now, 5 days into it, I am in danger of being engulfed in the cares and concerns of my combined life. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.  


1. I have always wanted to be a cowboy. I also love playing dress up. I can't shoot but I have some pretty pistols. I have some great cowboy boots.
(i'm on the left)
*MY DREAM WOULD BE TO VISIT A WORKING RANCH, AND MAYBE WORK ON IT.*      

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...