Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 20, 2012

NEW MUSIC: BRANDON FLOWERS

THE KILLERS


Has anyone else heard of these guys? Sure you have, I know that I have definitely been living under a rock. So I love reading those testimonies of  fellow members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.(One day soon, I am going to put my testimony out there). I am always surprised to find out the diversity. So I remember a fleeting mention of a group called "The Killers", and there was a song that was used as a sound track on a movie I missed. So last year, I think the lead singer "came out" as a Mormon. So there has been a lot of buzz in You Tube Land.

So I have been obsessed, like I usually am over "new to me" things. I have been listening to a lot of their music and I have to say, that it has to grow on you. These guys were born in the 80's and their early music sounds like the 80's. But the lead singer has a solo effort from 2010 called "Flamingo". So I bought it and it's good, and moody. It reminds me of U2; particularly on a song called "Crossfire". There's a really funky bass line, and Brandon has a really strong voice that reminds me of a younger "Bono" of U2.
Don't take my word for it
Check this out:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...