Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Prelude: This was written about a year and half ago;nothings changed

Tuesday, June 03, 2008, 3:23:55 PM

This is the Journal of lost things. For the past few years a lot of my personal stuff has been packed up in boxes and are stored in my basement. Lately the basement has started to look like a storage facility. It was all my husbands doing, we were starting to work on the house, and of course we had to clear it out. We gave away our cast off furniture. We took down the curtains and put paper in the windows and glass doors. We took up the rug on the living room floor, and the sub floor was awful. We packed up all of my collections, my dishes and some books and anything that would get in the way. We moved the refrigerator into the living/dining room. We really looked like a redneck family. That was about 6 or 7 years ago.
Yesterday I was looking through my paper ephemera and I found a stash of concert tickets. They were telling. It seems the last concert we went to was in 2005. We have some friends who save every scrap of paper, every piece of junk that pertains to any activity in their lives. The wife takes tons of pictures of everything that they do. Who needs a scrap book when you have a beautiful home to put your collections in, I digress. I used to do that but then I lost most of my stuff. The rest was stolen or thrown away. I want pay homage to my lost things that are in plain sight. I want to make a “page” for my tickets to remind me that life is still there. I went to Myrtle Beach S.C. two years ago. It should have been a great trip, but it wasn’t. But I did manage to take some pictures and get a few souvenirs.
My husband has joined a new group of people to engage in one of his favorite pastimes, shooting guns. He joined the Single Action Shooting Society. Imagine my surprise when I learned that one of the requirements is to dress in old style cowboy garb. I thought my husband dress like a cowboy? He doesn’t even like to shop for clothes. He hasn’t had a suit in years. He likes to shop for cowboy stuff. I have been collecting ephemera and pictures for him and me too.
I think that I can take all of this lost and found and even new stuff and make an ongoing journal.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...