Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Six Degrees to HELEN KELLER; Sweating the Small Stuff

“Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them; but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight... When we do the best we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another. ”
—Helen Keller (1880-1968), author, lecturer, activist

Who knew that Helen Keller would occupy my thoughts at this moment. My brother sent me a card and on it was a quote by HK; it said "The best way out is  always through" (which is a quote of Robert Frost; a favorite poet of mine and of whom I too have quoted).
Helen Keller was an inspiration to me when I was growing up. Its funny that a blind girl born many years before my time could be an inspiration.She died in my time though. I remember watching her story in a movie called:"The Helen Keller Story". I remember wanting to watch it because the actress playing the part was in Little House on the Prarie.(My favorite show, that I never got to watch, but read the book.) I admired her because even though she was blind and could not hear, she mananged to have a full life. It seems that God sent an angel into her life to lead her and teach her, Anne Sullivan. Who herself was sight challenged.
Helen Keller was given a Book of Mormon translated to Braille by a President of the Church of LDS.She visited the Mormon Tabernacle in Utah,because she always wanted to hear the choir sing there.Talk about six degrees of separation. 
I have  thought to my self, that if she could live a full life and even die in peace, why can't I? I know that I can. My #2 wish for myself is that I can allow myself to be happy in the life that I have.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...