Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

ACTED UPON:LOST; 3 DAYS PAY

COFFEE KLATCH:
My husband left 3 frantic phone messages on my phone mail yesterday to call him back immediately. I wonder sometimes if he thinks that I can screen my calls at work.
He recently took his work physical. He got a call from work telling him that his blood pressure was high, they didn't like the numbers. He needed to see his Doctor, get 3 consecutive days of readings. In other words, he is suspended with no pay for 3 days until he gets the numbers down.
I asked him what happened. Well he said, I didn't take my BP medicine for 5 days. I know that sometimes when you stop taking your meds, it takes a while for your system to revert back. Then later when he showed me what his BP reading was, he then added that he had drank an entire thermos of coffee prior to going to his physical. There is a reason why they (should) tell people not to eat or drink before a physical. I am sure that I have told my husband of these things.As a result of this transgression(it is a sin) we will be robbed of 3 days pay, 3 payments of office visits; delaying of payment of tax bill, etc (you get the drift). (see scripture)

2Nephi 2:26 And the Messiah come in the fullness of time, that he may redeem the children of men from the fall. And because that they are redeemed from the fall they have become free forever, knowing good from evil; to act for themselves and not to be acted upon, save it be by the punishment of the law at the great and last day, according to the commandments which God hath given.

Now here is wisdom;the coffee is the culprit: D&C 89 is concerning coffee.
1: (I give you ) A word of wisdom,......
3: (It Is ) given for a for a principle with a promise; adapted to the capacity of the weak and weakest of all saints, who are or can be called saints
9: And again, hot drinks are not for the body or belly (coffee,tea;etc)
18: And all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings,walking in obedience to the commandments,shall receive health in their naval and marrow to their bones.
19: And shall find wisdom and great treasures of knowledge, even hidden treasures.
20: And shall run and not be weary and shall walk and not faint.
21: And, I the Lord give unto them a promise, that the destroying angel shall pass by them, as the children of Israel and not slay them,Amen.

The moral of this story is this, obey Gods commandments. Even the ones that you feel "He Can't be Serious? My husband is at least 50-100 lbs overweight. (The sugar in the creamer, the sugar,the junk food eaten with the coffee). He sweats when resting, and has palpitations just walking to the truck. He is so tired not from work but from malnutrition that he can't concentrate on reading his scriptures, his lessons, his work instructions. If you allow yourself to be acted upon, then God can't help you, you have "stayed" his hand.
Its not all bad or lost, I know in my heart that my husband's pressure is stable now.
The scriptures say to redeem the time for the days are evil( destroying angel). My husband has to complete a list of chores, go to the temple and work on decreasing and even stoppage of coffee drinking. It's not all him because I need to stop too. I am trying, and with all "addictions" it is a one day at a time deal. I know that we will both succeed, our Heavenly Father always has a "solution" to all of life's problems. I wouldn't say this was a wake up call but more of a "slap on the back of the head" type of thing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...