Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

FAMILY HISTORY

BATMAN & ROBIN
So last night I re-launched my "Family History" quest. I started this process about 2 years ago and I was able to complete ordinances for my grandparents, some cousins and uncles and aunts and some in-laws.So then I stopped, mainly because I didn't have a computer.( Another story, another time). But the Lord has seen fit to bless me with a really nice Laptop and a printer and just to keep my husband happy a "NEW TV!!". You know the ones, the "man size", just right for football games, fishing and hunting shows,etc.
So last evening my best friend "Thelma" asked me to meet her at the Family History center, because Stake Temple Day is coming soon.
She asked me if I had any pending ordinance requests. I couldn't remember any, so we left. We logged in on my new computer and I remembered an Aunt, whose requests were ready, but when I submitted them at the Temple, I was not able to get the "pink" card. No explanation, just no pink card. Two years later, I am going to try again because there was no plausibe explanation given why I could not continue with my Aunts work. I looked at a record of my dads older brother. His work is done for him, but I realized that he had a wife in his mortal life, my Aunt. Maybe I should look her up, and I did. There she was, she appeared and with all of her info. So now I have 2 Aunts waiting to have their work done, one Aunt who can be sealed to her husband. Wow.!!
So why the picture of Batman and Robin? Well I remember one evening when I was at least 5 and my Dad and I were taking an evening walk. We were discussing the Batman and Robin show and I asked him who was his favorite? He liked Batman, I loved Robin. I told him that I wanted an autographed picture of BM&R. He asked me how was I going to get them. Gleem toothpaste had a offer, send in 1 toothpaste box or label with 1.00 and in 6-8 weeks we could get an 8x10 black and white glossy. This is the picture. What a great memory of my dad.           

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...