Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Thursday Devotional: "The power To be........

Four days into the New Year, hang on it is going fast, maybe even faster than 2016. I have the impression that there will be no "lull in the action" so to speak. I thought about some resolutions, but I need revelation more. So here it is, not a list, but a word. I had the opportunity to meet Elder Kim Clark last year, he was speaking at our Ward Stake Conference. His message was so important to us that he was "the only speaker" aside from the Stake president and some who bore their testimonies. (there is a link to his talk at the end). His message was so heart piercing, so phenomenal that we had what could only be described as a "Mormon Pentecostal meeting." He blew our minds with the gospel. And yet he wasn't speaking anything more than what had been said. But he showed love for us, and concern for our well being. He "disrupted" our complacency, he shook us awake with what we already knew to be true. I am forever changed and in process of changing and shedding unnecessary layers that stand in the way of God's truth, of "becoming" better. Being refined in the refiners fire.
Pray for me.

Our challenge is to become more profitable servants
I learned that we needed to ask ourselves two questions. I believe these are the questions whose answers will lead us to do what we need to do to prepare for what lies ahead. Here they are: (1) What am I doing that I should stop doing? and (2) What am I not doing that I should start doing?Elder Kim B Clark
Photo

Deep learning is “an increase in the … power to Know, to Do, and to Become.”12 It definitely means increased knowledge, but it also means increased understanding of the heart. It means increased skill and capacity to act. It means increased strength of character, including integrity, courage, and kindness.Deep learning is inherently a spiritual experience. Elder Kim B Clark



https://www.lds.org/broadcasts/article/satellite-training-broadcast/2015/08/encircled-about-with-fire?lang=eng
Romans 12:2 Do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God.

Music for a Thursday, Sidewalk Prophets...... Keep Making Me



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...