Powered By Blogger

Friday, September 1, 2017

A VOW OF SILENCE....finding stillness


And in that day shall be heard of wars and rumors of wars, and the whole earth shall be in commotion, and men’s hearts shall fail them…”  (D&C 45:26-27)
In your prayers, you might ask the Father; “Lord what is the process?”What shall we be doing? Shall we run to and fro or should we be still?

Silence is an endangered species, says Gordon Hempton. He defines real quiet as presence — not an absence of sound, but an absence of noise. The Earth, as he knows it, is a "solar-powered jukebox." Quiet is a "think tank of the soul."
  Psalm 62:5-8
 5For God alone, O my soul, waits in silence,    for my hope is from him.He only is my rock and my salvation,    my fortress; I shall not be shaken.On God rests my salvation and my glory;    my mighty rock, my refuge is God.Trust in him at all times, O people;    pour out your heart before him;    God is a refuge for us. 


What does it mean to be "quiet"? Is the state of being "quiet", the same as being "at peace". Is peace and quiet synonymous? What makes "quiet" quiet?

It has been a very "noisy" week, even a month of days. What's going on, violence, rioting, brother against brother, rhetoric, words, guns, rains, floods, accusations, all of that. I think that the collective we, need a moment. Some quiet, some stillness to just get our heads together. 

This is what the Lord said to his disciples, at that Passover meal, he said " Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid." 

These are courageous words coming from a man who was about to die at the hands of his enemies, Right? 


Bethel "It Is Well" LIVE at Air1


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...